Saturday, February 22, 2014

February Book's Review by Mayssa Chami : Dreamland by Sara Dessen

It's true that I am a fashion lover, a cooking addict, and a crafty person but I am also a translator. Therefore, I am interested in books. I love books. I am in a continuous search of new books to take my breath away and even make me cry at the end. That's why I decided to add this section to my blog. Starting today, I will post a book review on my blog on the last Saturday of each month. So stay tuned, and read my posts.Who knows, you might be one click away from discovering your new favorite book...
 
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
 

This novel has many different aspects. It reveals the other side of love and life, the side that is never discussed by people, the side that is not so 'pretty', that is not told in 'The beauty and the beast'. This novel affected me personally on a variety of levels, though I haven't experienced 'true love' before. The fact that this novel reveals the more 'ugly' aspect of love is the thing that got me hooked. Love can be many different things...it shows how other people see you. As the author of the novel Sarah Dessen says 'It's funny how someone's perception of you can be formed without you even knowing it'. In addition to all of that, this novel shows, most importantly, the great role that family and friends can play in one's life. To sum up, I highly recommend reading this novel in order to appreciate the simple things in life that we already have but never think of.
-Xoxo,

T

No comments:

Post a Comment