Saturday, September 6, 2014

Recipe of the week: Braided Pesto Bread


After seeing a picture of pesto bread on an Instagram food account, the only thing on my mind was to actually make this deliciously looking bread. So I prepared normal pizza dough with bread flour, oil, a pinch of salt and sugar, yeast, and warm water. I combined all the ingredients in a mixer and kept adding flour until the mix was no longer sticky. Then I formed a ball with the dough and let it rest in the microwave (without turning it on of course) for a few hours. When time was up, I took the dough out, laid it on the table to form a big rectangle and then I spread the pesto sauce on it (The sauce is also a homemade one with basil leaves straight from my grandparents’ garden, garlic, salt, olive oil, and pine nuts). Then I rolled the dough, cut it vertically into two segments and then made a braid that I laid in a Tefal pan. It took about 30 minutes to dry in the oven. When I took it out, I sprinkled it with grated parmesan cheese and put it back in the oven for a few more minutes. The result was so tasty that in less than 24h, there wasn’t any left…

No comments:

Post a Comment