Saturday, March 15, 2014

DIY Glitter Candle Holders


About a year and a half ago, I felt like getting my bedroom a makeover. It hasn’t been touched since I was a kid, and with my teenage years (and my butterfly obsession) behind me, the room was plain and white.  So, I prepared everything: I got some colorful wallpaper, one color/design for each wall in my room (fuchsia, pistachio, and lips impression wallpaper). Then, I changed my bed side tables and lights and got some new bed linen to match the new colors. Since that summer, I have constantly been changing some elements, adding some others, and DIY-ing some too!! Those are my latest additions: DIY candle holders, simple, easy and budget-friendly.



For this DIY, you will need:

-          See-through candle holders ( I got 2 small ones, and one big one from Home Market Mtayleb)

-          White glue

-          Glitter

-          Paintbrush

-          Acrylic paint + thinner paintbrush

First, start by painting the inside of one candle holder with white glue in a regular vertical pattern. Then pour some of the glitter inside the recipient and start shaking it so that the glitter will stick to the different sides. Be careful not to spread the glitter all over the room. To avoid this, spread some newspaper on your work station.

After you’ve made sure that the inside of the candle holder is well covered with glitter, put it aside to dry, and move to another one. Repeat the same steps.

Wait for a few hours before getting back to the candleholders after you’ve finished painting their inside. Use a thin paintbrush to write on the outer surface of the recipient any word that comes to your mind. I chose to write “Love”, “Hope”, and “Peace”. You can try the famous trio “Live. Laugh. Love” or “Think Happy, Be Happy”.

This DIY is a great gift idea. You can give it to a friend for his/her birthday, or take it as a thank-you present for a lunch invitation. It only takes a few minutes to do, but the result is quite satisfying.

See you soon for more DIYs

                                                                                                                        -Xoxo,

                                                                                                                             T

 

No comments:

Post a Comment