Saturday, April 19, 2014

DIY Floral Headband


Spring is already here, summer is close and I am enjoying my 5-day Easter vacation. I can’t wait for summer vacation to start but before that, I still have one month and a half before the semester is over. So, meanwhile, I am trying to fulfill my desire of flowers, beach, sun, fun, and travel with a few easy DIY ideas, before the “real deal” is here.

My first DIY is a floral headband. I actually came up with this idea when I was searching for a button to replace one that I had lost. So I started digging in my mom’s sewing box, and to my surprise, I found some really interesting things: Margaret flowers, a white piece of ribbon, and double sided tape. So the idea of a flower headband immediately came to my mind and I thought to myself, “why not!”

So I took the ribbon and wrapped it around my head to get the length needed ( I kept a little more than needed just in case I needed to shorten the ribbon). Then, using a small pair of scissors (you can use nail scissors for example) I made small holes in the middle of the ribbon and I tried to make them equally separated. Then I got some white glue and put some of it on the receptacle of the flower (the part that joins between the upper and lower parts of the flower) and then I pressed. After I had glued all the flowers, I cut a small piece of double sided tape and I linked the two ends of the ribbon.

After a few hours, the headband was dry and ready to wear!! I paired it with a pink neon dress and some flowery flats for a spring-afternoon out!

-          Xoxo,

                                                                                                                                                                T 

No comments:

Post a Comment